Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2nd Place in Film is Not Dead Scholarship Competition

Well, in the end, I did not win the Jonathan Canlas workshop scholarship. However, I did get 2nd place in the competition! I'm very pleased with that accomplishment. I think the photo I entered is by the far the best I've ever made and marks a new beginning in direction for me in my portrait photography. I've been studying the work of Arnold Newman and feel very inspired by how he made portraits. I'm fascinated by the idea of environmental portraits and I plan to make some of my own very soon. Keep checking in to see changes in some of my personal work along these lines.

Check out some of the comments here to see nice things people said about my photograph. After it was all over, I also got a very nice email from Leah McCormick about my photo. I admire Leah's work very much. All in all, it was a win for me!

The photo here is on Brigham Young University campus. Rusted car and rusted building.

No comments:

Post a Comment